|Feature Length (minimum 60 minutes runtime)
||Standard Fee $60.00/Student Fee $50.00
|Documentary (any length runtime)
||Standard Fee $45.00/Student Fee $35.00
|Short Subject (maximum 30 minutes runtime)
||Standard Fee $30.00/Student Fee $20.00
|Animated (based on type — see runtimes above)
||Fee based on type — see fees above
- Acceptance of a film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations for talent or production crew.
- We endeavor to travel the director and an actor to Boston for Feature Films programmed as part of the schedule which is a requirement if the film is part of the BFF program.
- The festival is responsible for the one-way shipment of the print, within the USA when leaving Boston.
- All films accepted are press screened. You will be asked to send up to eight additional DVDs for press viewing.
- All films are subject to reviews.
- The number of screenings, days and venues is at the sole discretion of the Festival.
- Due to high administrative and shipping costs, submission DVDs, videos and materials will not be returned.
- We will not transfer PAL for viewing — only forward NTSC format.
- It is cost prohibitive for the festival to insure individual prints. Make sure you have your own insurance.
- All submitted films must make their New England premiere at Boston Film Festival. Films are allowed to have screened in other regions within the United States and internationally, (but not in New England before the 2012 Boston Film Festival). In addition films cannot have been previously released in theaters or broadcast on television before the 2012 Boston Film Festival.
It is extremely important that you include your WAB tracking number, film title, running time, and all pertinent contact info with your DVD or VHS screener submission.